REVITALISE PROJECT – HOSPES & The Spanish Sleep Society
Sueños en Español
Tips for getting a good night’s sleep:
- Set a time to go to sleep and wake up.
- Do not sleep during the day; if you do, don't sleep for more than 45 minutes.
- Do not drink excessive amounts of alcohol 4 hours before going to sleep.
- Do not drink caffeinated beverages 6 hours before going to sleep. This includes coffee, tea, cola drinks and chocolate.
- Do not eat large, spicy or very sweet meals 4 hours before going to sleep. A light meal before bedtime is acceptable.
- Exercise regularly, but not directly before bedtime.
- Sleep in a comfortable bed.
- Set a comfortable temperature and maintain the bedroom ventilated.
- Block out noise and turn off unnecessary lights in the bedroom.
- Reserve the bed for sleeping; do not use the bed for working or entertainment.
The REVITALISE Project is part of Hospes’ idea to promote studies on sleep habits and consists of an award for the best study on sleep habits that analyses the influence that social, cultural, nutritional, environmental, psychological and medical-scientific aspects have on sleep.
The Spanish Sleep Society (SES) was chosen as a partner to manage and collaborate in the project. This scientific association has a prestigious reputation and it is composed by Spanish professionals dedicated to Sleep Medicine.